Friday, May 7, 2010

Open doors in many ways

My daughter asked me in the car on the way to school today "Daddy, can my class have a field trip to your studio?" I told her sure, but she'd have to ask her teacher. "She asked if we could". So, I talked to her teacher, who said that she thought it would be great for her class to visit, and that she'd see if the other
2nd Grade classes would want to visit. THIS is one of the reasons I wanted to open an art studio. I want to show what an artist does to kids and adults. I want the public to visit and look and ask questions. I wish there was an artist whose studio was available to visit when I was growing up. This also gives people a chance to see where I offer art lessons and gets the kids an idea of what they can accomplish with hard work and ambition. It was a great way to start the day, being asked this. I was gonna ask if her class wanted to visit, anyway!

No comments: