Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Now what?

I feel like I'm at a standstill. I have multiple unfinished projects, as well as some commission work to do, but part of what I do is drawing attention to my artwork and I'm not quite sure how to do that. What I've been doing doesn't seem to be enough to get the attention of the general public. Unfortunately, the talent doesn't catch an audience. I have to have a gimick, which I really don't like that idea. I also don't want to concede to the masses, in that I don't want to do popular celebrity art. The "celebrities" I draw or paint are people who I admire or who inspire me. Marilyn Monroe, Kurt Cobain and Hendrix don't inspire me (those being 3 subjects people always say I should do).
So, any ideas on how to get the world to notice me without breaking laws or moving?

No comments: