Sunday, July 17, 2011

Does not look Smurfy to me!

the Smurfs movie looks like little blue sacks of garbage. If it's successful, I'm slapping every kid I come across. I have no problem with the concept of the Smurfs in the big city, but keep them as they should be: classic personalities! Reminds me too much of Alvin & The Chipmunks, but in the cartoons, they HAD those attitudes!From the commercials I've seen, Pappa Smurf is a little grumpy and has attitude, Smurfette sounds like she's voiced by Queen Latifah, with the same SNAP SNAP! attitude, and they're using the "smurf" word in place of vulgarities???? Keep them innocent. Keep them cute. Don't modernize them, or the "fish out of water" affect doesn't work. If they already have "street savvie" when they hit the big city, then what's so great about the experience? It's just Alvin and the Chipmunks all over again, but not done as well.

No comments: