Monday, August 29, 2011

Update

I've been away for a bit. I've been teaching at the Midland Center For The Arts (where I'm scheduled to teach again in October if you have kids in the Midland area interested in drawing cartoons) and my internet is currently out at home, so I'm not online much anymore.
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:
I know it's not common for people to write about applying for a job, but this is a job I've dreamt of my entire life and never imagined I'd get the opportunity to try out for it. Having said that, I have sent in example artwork in hopes to get the gig of artist for the upcoming POPEYE comic book being published by IDW Publishing next year! I didn't know they were even looking for the creative team, until a friend (who shall remain nameless to protect his innocence)wrote me that he thought I should give it a try and contact the editors. Let's just say that having this friend recommend that I try fot the gig is such a huge compliment and honor that if I don't get the job, I'll have the gratification that this man thought enough about me that he thought of me.
I sent the examples in (although the photography of the examples were crappy, and it may reflect poorly on me) 2 weeks ago and was written that I'll hear from the editor if they hear anything.
So, if you know the editors I'm referring to, maybe you can subtly suggest me?

No comments: