Thursday, October 24, 2013

Crushed dream

NOVEMBER 1st NUTTALL ART STUDIO WILL BE CLOSING ITS DOORS. One week from tomorrow will be the last day NUTTALL ART STUDIO will be open. It wasn't an easy decision, but there just hasn't been enough business to bring in monthly rent in the last few months, and there's not enough interest by the community. For 3 years I've struggled to keep this studio open, with MANY near-closings. But I look around the studio and I built it. I MADE that studio. Each piece of artwork on the walls was carefully placed, as well as carefully created. I turned a small office space and an ignored storage room into what it is today. And next week, it reverts back to a small office space and a storage room next door. I've had alot of help keeping the studio open this long, but I get tired of asking for help. I don't want to be that guy. People keep asking me what I'll do when the studio closes. Grieve. I'm constantly looking for a job, and now it's just that much more important to find one. I've been looking for 4 years and applied dozens of times to many companies, but I never get a call back or if I do, I don't get hired. Any projects I haven't finished for paying clients I will finish at home. I cannot conduct a business from my domicile, however, due to rules and regulations of the apartment complex owners. The artwork in the studio will be put in a storage unit and lessons will no longer be offered. I think that answers all the questions people have asked since I've had to face this reality. Oh, except that I don't see myself working on art after paid projects are finished. If you would like to buy artwork you've seen in the studio, contact me ASAP. If you would like to show your support of what I do, please attend ART de COMBAT 8 on Saturday, November 2nd, 2013 at Enchante` Gallery on Refinery Rd. in West Branch, Michigan. You can view the event on the Facebook event page HERE or on the Enchante` Gallery website HERE . It costs $20 to enter the event,and from there you vote for your favorite artwork being created on the spot, and eat and drink ALL you WANT!

1 comment:

Lynnette Wilmot said...

My brother says that Lear co in Roscommon is hiring.