Saturday, February 13, 2010

Birthday condolences

Today is a very sensitive day in my family, as it is the 7th birthday of my niece's daughter, Aileen Nuttall, who drowned last August on a trip with friends to a lake, hosted by the friends' church. There was too little adults and too many kids and she was left to drown. Her mom was home alone when she got the news. I'm posting here because I don't want to draw alot of attention to the family right now. Her grandpa, my oldest brother, took the loss of his only grandchild very badly and the entire family is experiencing February 13th without her for the first time in 7 years. Every holiday is tough and my heart truly breaks for them. She was a bright girl whose entrance into this world changed 6 people very strongly, making them stronger and joyous in spite of personal disasters. My daughter is 6 months older than Aileen and every time I look at her big blue eyes, I think of the emptiness my niece and brother feel.
Happy Birthday, Bjorn. We all miss you. We all love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon wasn't home by herself when she recieved the news just to make things clear...

Anonymous said...

Regardless of what "anonomous" says it is still sad.

What does it matter if a thousand people were with the mother when it happened?

A kid still died. How pathetic that someone would even post such a pathetic comment.

My heart goes out to you sir, ignore the mentally invalid comment above.