Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Still in progress...


After 4 years and alot of work, VIETMIME by Nutberger INK



....still isn't done. It's very frustrating for me because I'm analyzing the plot written by Tim Schaiberger, drawing, inking, lettering and designing the entire book, and I don't have alot of time with a 6year old, a 4year old and a 2 year old running around. AND, since this project isn't currently a money-making project, it takes a backseat to, well, everything else that makes immediate moolah. Our friends at Dark Elf Designs out of Flint, MI are willing to print the book for us, but the deadline is coming up.

Even if I get all the drawing done, I'm not a great inker. And if I can get that done, the whole lettering aspect is beyond my abilities. When I created the sequel to VIETMIME, "M.I.A. : Mime In Action" for my college class, I had a working computer and printer. I had Photoshop and Illustrator. I figured out ways to put fancy words in them thar word and thought bubbles by typing the words, cutting and pasting and spending 2 straight days doing it.

Every time I look at the work I've done on the graphic novel, I get excited and look forward to doing more, but I never get the time to do it. I'm sure there are easier ways to go about what I'm doing, but I don't have ANY money, a working computer, or time. But I have every intention of finishing this thing.

1 comment:

Photographie 51 said...

Do you have an apple computer? I may have an extra photoshop security key or whatever its called if you're interested to make it a little easier. It definitely is easier to just scan the work into photoshop and then throw the text in. It would definitely save you time and scanning it would also allow you tweak anything you'd like using brushes, strokes, etc.

This is Jennifer Fallon btw. ;)

Hope all is going well with you and that you're keeping busy!! ;) Doesn't the life of an artist suck trying to make money and feeling like people are judging you for not choosing a "respectable career"? Its so irritating. We make it work don't we? Talk to you later...let me know if you'd like it. Thanks!