Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Photography

I couldn't remember if I'd posted images of my black and white photography. Here are some, and HERE are more
Back in 1996 when I started college, I wanted to draw and paint from my own photos. I got tired of relying on others' images to work from. I was able to choose the subject, lighting and location. Well, once I got into the class, I REALLY got into it, and black and white photography became it's own beast. Instead of just using them as reference material, it became another medium for me. I still love the feel, the grain, the power in emotion I can orchestrate through the lens. And I still have the same camera I started with. These images might be photos of photos, so they might be blurry, but the actual photos aren't out of focus. Most likely.




No comments: