Friday, May 14, 2010

What Dreams May Come (and go)

I had a dream last night of my dad telling me I can't make it anywhere here&should go to a bigger city to be an artist.I told him I'd be a little fish in a big OCEAN if I went to a big city to be an artist. Right now I'm a medium fish in little pond. Am I trying to convince myself to go to a big city, or convince myself why I don't move? I don't like big cities. I like this community and this is where I've built my family. It is limited in opportunities, but I'm hoping to be part of West Branch growing. I love the idea of local success stories, such as Daniel Way, who came from West Branch and is now a writer for Marvel Comics. There's also Dita Von Teese, who's from West Branch. The difference is that they built their careers after leaving West Branch. I want to be successful IN West Branch.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Keep up the good work man! Remember Dori from Nemo......just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.....
You're already a part of West Branch growing. Transformation takes time. Like a snake shedding its skin, sometimes it's not comfortable. The trick is to focus on creating the vision of what life will look on the way there. There's energy in anxiety. Harness it and the world is yours.......
p.s. go watch the 3-D adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl.....