Saturday, September 17, 2022

White (paint) Wedding

 I just made a painting live at a wedding. This is only the 2nd time I've done it. It's tough because although I get there early to paint the background and surroundings, I don't know where exactly the bride and groom will be until they're both at the altar reciting vows. That might take 15 minutes at the most! They're only up there for a few minutes so I have to rush! I take a couple photos to look at, but outdoor weddings are rough because of various lighting. This one was no different, as the sun was lighting them up from BEHIND them, so my camera basically picked up silhouettes. 

Anyway, this is what I ended up with. I brought it home to finish it. I spent a total of 3  1/2 hours on it, with 15 of those minutes on the figures. 16"x20" oil painting.



No comments: