Saturday, October 2, 2010

Art Ramblin'

How are young, talented artists supposed to feel positive about what they do when there's nobody encouraging them? What if your precious football teams came to a game, and the stadium had only 1/16 of the seats filled? Then those players get discouraged because they don't feel supported by their community. If sports got the same support as artists, sports wouldn't be as popular. If you know an artist, be it a musician, a painter or a writer, come to their events and bring friends.
I created the West Branch Artist Pool ( http://westbranchartistpool.blogspot.com so all ages and varieties of artists in Ogemaw County have a place to share their opinions, their talents and their outlets for their abilities with others who may share as well. I hope to make it a community where we can share with one another and the general public so they know what this county has to offer in the arts. Too often, the performing and literary arts are forgotten when talking about "The Arts". That is another aspect of the Pool that I am stressing greatly.

But I'm rambling. I know I am. I yam bloggin' without editin'. Just come out to support your artists, people. How'd you feel if you threw a party and nobody came? That's how artists feel. Alot.

No comments: