Sunday, July 17, 2011

Untitled Rant

Well, the cartooning workshop did not go well. Hell, not one person showed! It went HORRIBLY. With my recent streak of failures and lack of sales, it becomes very easy to get discouraged and depressed. I refuse to give in and give up, though, because, really, my art is all I have to go with. I've put my life into this and cannot back down. Other than the 3 summer months I teach at the Midland Center For The Arts, my art career is my only source of income. THAT is why I push so hard online to get interest in my work and my projects. I try constantly to be discovered by individuals and galleries, with cold shoulders or kind rejections.
However, I have a great deal of appreciation for those who have believed in me, hired me and enjoy my work. When I bitch and moan and complain, it's not about those people. I cherish those people! It's because of them that I've gotten THIS far! I'm not trying to guilt previous clients into buying more (maybe guilt them into spreading word about my work...(:) .

No comments: