Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Invigorated in Art!!

 As the year 2021 begins, I've somehow gotten a new lease on creating art! I'm working on 3 separate projects of my own, and I'm excited to work on them, which I haven't felt that way about drawing or painting in...well, years, really! I don't know what it is, but I am enthusiastic about getting back to these projects every day! I even want to skip work, meals and sleep to keep at it!! 

These pieces are not being made to sell. Just for me and to maybe put in an exhibit, who knows? 

These ARE works in progress. The b&w graphite drawing of cartoonist (and idol) Sergio Aragones`  is 18" x 24"

W.I.P. oil painting of Sammy Hagar and the late Eddie Van Halen is 12" x 1 6"

this image is of my largest watercolor painting ever. I'm not much of a watercolor artist, so this is quite a challenge, at 36" x 24", or 3 ft x 2ft of Van Halen at the Whisky a Go-Go in 1992, I think? Van Halen has been my BAND since I started listening to music in 5th grade. All Van Halen was great, but when I discovered them, Sammy Hagar was the frontman and quickly became my favorite version of VH. This is my tribute to the band who could do no wrong (until Eddie fired Sammy in '96, that is). The VH pics are also in memory of my favorite guitarist (at one point in time), Eddie Van Halen.



No comments: