Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bittersweet: So hard to say goodbye

With every piece of artwork I create, I get a little attached to it. Especially when it's artwork not made specifically for somebody else. It's rare I create work for myself, but when I do and they come out as I want, I get very emotionally charged and connected to the work. And when I sell that artwork, it's very bittersweet. I am making money to support my family, but I'm handing off work that was close to my heart. Case in point: I just set up to sell two of my Popeye series, one of which is one of my favorites. However, the buyer is from the hometown of EC Segar, Popeye's creator, in Chester, Illinois, AND is owner of Segar's childhood home!! the works, shown below, are going to THE PERFECT home! MY Popeye artwork in the town where Popeye was created, and MAYBE even in the house his creator lived in!
If I can mail the painting in time, it might be displayed during next weekend's Popeye Picnic! If you're attending the picnic (this Friday, Saturday and Sunday), ask at Spinach Can Collectibles about the Popeye movie painting!

No comments: